For this class I needed to prep 8-10 pages with different water down acrylic colours. As we where not set colour is tried to do a lot of different colours with a big range so the colour I chose where.
For this is wanted to try two different type of collaging, where one of them is more perfected than the other. So I started with an object that I could make into a perfected look, this would make it clear what it is but also weird as I prefer a messier look within collaring.
First (perfected piece)…..
This is the object that I wanted to do and see how I could make it into a collage. For the collage I’m going to be using scissors to cut out all the colours and a normal prick stick to glue them on.
I choose this as I feel it could be a simple design and also look like the object when I am done.
So I completely forgot to take photos while doing this but I did take photos of me doing my second collage . I wanted to do a more simple one to start with so I could figure out and get more confident with this way of making art.
I wanted to find better ways to convey shadowing instead of using black. So I thought I could use red for the darker orange and to show the shape of the pumpkin.
I really like this piece and I think it worked well. If i was to develop this piece I would change the black at the shading of the pumpkin on the floor to a blue, this is due to shadowing is normally a little bit more of a blue than a black. Other than this I do really like this piece, after this I wanted to try a more messy look and ripe the paper instead of having control over what shapes I put down. I also wanted to try a harder design so I used a skull and pillow to make a little still-life.
This is the set up for my still life. I really like this as it gives the effect of the skull being within grass and gives a really nice background. I think it works a lot better than having the background of my carpet, and also gives it a more complete look.
This was a lot harder than I though as I find it really hard to see when things on a page start to get busy. It took me a while to do but now I really do like it and I’m happy I challenged myself to do it. It was also was really hard to find ripped bits of paper to fit the shaped I wanted to show.
This is the finished piece of the messier collage. I really like this piece and i think it works well. I wanted to use the black for the very dark shading and also then yellow of the lesser shadowed bits.
I did end up adding some fine liner to be able to just make some more marks and details clear within the skull and the pillow. I really feel this finished the look of the piece and helped to bring it all together.